Banana smoothies are our go-to breakfast. They are quick, easy, nutritious, delicious, and pretty cheap to make! Since both of us are currently college students this smoothie is the perfect morning pick me up that helps us get our day started on a positive note!
- 3 frozen bananas. We unpeel and freeze our bananas when they are perfectly ripe. Freezing them allows for the sugars to be forced out of their cells and really pack a sweet banana flavor. It also makes the texture creamy and smooth.
- ½ scoop of Vega protein powder. Vanilla is our favorite. This isn’t completely necessary but it helps give the smoothie an extra heathy boost while adding creaminess and flavor.
- 3-6 Ice Cubes
- 2 cups ounces Cold Water
- Throw bananas, Vega, water, and about 4 ice cubes into a blender and process until everything is smooth.
- Fill a cup with a few more ice cubes and your smoothie.
- Add a scoop of peanut butter or PB2 powder then garnish the rim with some coconut sugar.
- 3 drops vanilla extract for a milkshake replica.
- 2 drops mint extract for a “Shamrock Shake” taste.
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder for a chocolate shake.